Health ResourcesYour health is our number one priority!
CareFirst Community Health Plan Maryland (CareFirst CHPMD) offers many resources to educate and empower you to take charge of your health.
Here are a few tips to live a healthier lifestyle:
- Make healthy food choices. Choose fruits, vegetables, and whole grains rather than foods high in sugar, salt, and fat, choose water instead of sugary drinks.
- Be active for at least 2 1/2 hours a week.
- Be smoke free. If you are ready to quit and would like free resouces, call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) or 1-855-DÉJELO-YA (1-855-335-3569 for Spanish speakers).
- Get enough sleep. At least 7-8 hours a day
- Go see your doctor today!
- Healthy Weight BMI Calculator – for adults. Check your body mass index.
Nutrition is an important part of your health. Here are a few tips regarding healthy nutrition:
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Eating for a Healthy Weight
- My Food Diary
- Cutting Calories
- Portion Size Control